One of my favourite places to travel to locally is Tofino, BC. I feel a connection to the land. It is a spiritual connection …
1) There is a tranquility there that is calming, restorative, and balancing.
Three years ago Tofino called my name to come back. And I did. I booked a reservation at my favourite resort, Tin Wis Best Western. Tin Wis means calm water and for me and I am sure all their guests that stay there.
2) It’s a magical experience: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-details.62079.html?iata=00170260&ssob=PSPBM1704G&cid=PSPBM1704G:google:CA+%7C+Properties+%7C+Exact+%7C+Exp.+ATB:best+western+tin+wis+resort+tofino&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuvrM5cbB5AIVj8DACh2oswKyEAAYASAAEgKUFvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
3) All 85 rooms of the resort face Mackenzie Beach. Every single room has a beach view! This is what the front desk told me the first time I made a reservation.
4) There is a lot of fresh seafood! OMG and it’s sooo good. My Mom, Mako and I went to Schooner’s and not only had the yummiest nom noms BUT ALSO received the best customer service! Their seafood chowder stayed hot until the last spoonful! I kid you not. If you visit Tofino you MUST GO to the Schooner: https://www.schoonerrestaurant.ca/
5) There a lot of art galleries to visit that demonstrate the rich Indigenous History. One of the artists that “spoke to me” is Jack Willoughby. I first saw his art at the Buchart Gardens in Victoria, BC (less than 5 hours south of Tofino). The first piece of his that resonated with me was a Tree of Life. I kicked myself for not buying it but years later I bought his “Hook Windswept” https://store.butchartgardens.com/collections/home-decor/products/hook-windswept-659h at the Spirit Gallery in Horseshoe Bay: https://spirit-gallery.com/artist/jack-willoughby/
Writing about it now I know I have to go back SOON! i think she may be calling my name again BUT this time I think I’m calling Tofino.