Last night I attended my high school reunion at Seymour’s Pub in North Vancouver, BC. And I feel like I have been given a 2nd chance to do EVERYTHING I wanted to back when I was in my final year at Carson:
- I was the organizer of our reunion and I had really wanted to be on our Grad Committee back in high school.
- I am attending Capilano University and I had wanted to when the Cap U reps came to Carson to talk to the soon to be grads.
- I am on the Board of Directors for Capilano Students’ Union and I had wanted to be on Students’ Council at Carson.
- I am a Contributor on Capilano Courier’s monthly magazine and I had wanted to be part of the year book committee.
- I am part of the Capilano Radio Club and I had wanted to get involved in clubs.
- I am the Social Media & Events Consultant for Cap U’s YWIB (Young Women In Business) and I had wanted to be a group leader.
- Last night I spoke to everyone that came out to Our Reunion even though I didn’t recognize some of them initially. I am now the social butterfly with the gift of gab and schmoozing that I always wanted to be.
I am so happy that I organized last night’s event because it made EVERYONE THAT CAME HAPPY TOO! There was a comfort seeing my former classmates because we are all the same age (all of us holding our cell phones & yearbook that Candi brought at a distance for us to SEE! Hahaha… ), no one-up man-ship, and a unity that I think we ALL FELT.
Being a mature student is challenging. But I am embracing the challenge with open arms. I work full time for a software company and I am taking one class in the School of Communications at Capilano University that meets twice a week.
On the suggestion of the President of Capilano Students’ Union I am a candidate and running for Mature Student and Student Parent Representative. My candidacy was made official by the Chief Returning Officer and my Election Campaign began yesterday, Friday, September 27th .
I have embraced student life by becoming active on campus by joining Capilano Radio Club in which I will be managing the radio’s Social Media platforms with another Communications Student & I am hoping to start a podcast of my own . I will be a Consultant for YMIB’s, Young Women In Business, Marketing Department regarding their Social Media & Events and I have attended my first pitch meeting with Capilano Courier, the University’s Monthly Magazine. During my first volunteer shift as a Theatre Usher, I was fortunate to watch a great film by filmmaker, Tom Radford at the University’s theatre, Blue Shore Financial .
I am unapologetically ambitious. But I am grounded. I balance my work, school, and campus activities by:
- Exercising – taking Pilates & Yoga classes at Lonsdale Steve Nash Fitness Club where I am a Fitness Ambassador.
- Seeing my family & friends – namely my Ma, Mako and my Big Sis, Mona.
- Taking & enjoying my alone time. Doing things that make me happy & indulging my inner child.
- Attending the North Shore Alliance Church, volunteering at their coffee bar and reading spiritual & motivational books.